Jen's Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Color of My World

Lately I've been captivated by a Hillsong United song Hosanna. By lately I mean since mid October. Here's the lyrics in which I've been caught up:

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I have for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

These words have been a constant prayer for me over the last ~1.5 months. I listen to the song almost everyday (yes, I'm an addict) but I often find myself singing it in my head or the words traveling through my mind as I wander about day to day life. The line that's got the greatest grasp on me right now is "Break my heart for what breaks yours."
What breaks God's heart?
How does/do I let it affect me?
Am I thinking about things that concern God?
As this line tumbles around in my soul, I think about people who are suffering (basic needs, violence, abuse, oppression, disease, etc.), who feel out of place or misplaced, who have questions and no one to talk to about them and on and on and on...This is one thing that has been coloring my world lately.

The other thing that has been coloring my world is a book by one of my favorite authors Jim Palmer. I'll let his bio speak for itself, suffice to say he's learning about God's grace just by being Jim in this world called Earth. I'm reading his 2nd book Wide Open Spaces: Beyond Paint-By-Number Christianity and LOVING it!! I only got to checking out his blog today, but I commend it to you to enjoy and give you a different perspective on things.

http://www.divinenobodies.com/blog/

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home