Jen's Blog

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Financial Rant

Tonight I watched the VP debate. Before seminary I did everything I could to avoid politics and governmental/civic life. I didn't understand it and it was just a bunch of name calling and yelling. Why would I want to listen to more of that in my life?

What prompted me to write this post is all the commentary on this financial bail out. I love how we have figured out a way to blame someone else (banks and the mysterious entity that is "the economy") for our problems (over spending and digging a financial hole by living beyond our means) thereby acquitting us of our guilt and sin and getting someone else to clean up the mess (the rest of the US paying the bill for all the people who screwed up).

Now if I was in trouble and in need of the money lost through this financial blowout, I would want help too. It sucks for those people who've lost their investments. But when are we going to own up to what we do? When are we going to take responsibility for our own actions? When are we going to accept the consequences for the evil that we do? This kind of stuff doesn't fly in Kindergarten, so how are people still getting away with it???

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home