Jen's Blog

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Meet the Parents

This last week my parents have been in town to help me move in and settle. It's been great to see them and just hang out since Karen and I ended up moving all my things out of storage. We went shopping a lot to replace some of the things I had to leave behind in WA and also to have some food to eat this last week.

My dad cleaned and waxed my car, Elle. Some evil bird pooped on it and apparently not enough rain came to wash it off and so ate through the clear coating and the paint layers. He did some touch up with paint, clear coated it and then waxed the entire thing. Can't forget that he changed the oil too! It's nice that he gets to contribute to caring for me by taking good care of the car. I know he likes it that I have a safe vehicle to drive.

My mom and I did some decorating and dividing up of things into their proper places in the apt. She took my stole home (Trinity's gift to me--obviously they think I'm getting ordained. I love that they have such faith that it will happen.) so we can alter it a bit for my vertical challengedness.

Both of them were excited to see me. I hadn't been home since January for just a few days, so my mom was missing me something fierce. My dad had been out in April, so he wasn't quite in as great of need as her. What can I say? There are airplanes that come out to WA and she doesn't fly. Oh well.

I went in to work on Weds. and after a brief walk around to see everyone who was there Lisa had me running Thankathon sheets to be called and other asundry tasks. I ended up staying 3-4 hours instead of just the 2 on which I had planned. Then was in the next morning to finish off the sheets.

Went out with Kelly and her friends Friday night at the Chatterbox Pub just to chill. Neat place. Pub with board/card games and lots of mingling. I spent Sunday afternoon back at my cafe and wrote out my entire final intern evaluation. Will soon be submitted on the internet and out of my hair!! Hooray!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home