Jen's Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Self Divided

Often I find myself divided--wishing this blog tended more towards the deep thought side rather than the recounting of my daily life events. Both worthy things to be blogged about however. I recognize that I need an outlet for both. Perhaps the creation of another blog is in the works??? I suppose the deeper truth I realize is that while I am capable of going to that deep spot of conversation and thought, I often am willing to sacrifice that for the sake of another's understanding and participation in a conversation. Translation has been at the heart of my calling in ministry since I started studying Greek and Hebrew in seminary. For me, it's not about how smart I look or how academic my sermons or dialog are. What matters most is that the gospel is communicated in a way in which people can understand and digest; a way in which it becomes part of their soul. Yet at the same time I crave those deep conversations which fuel my creativity and ever widening wonder at who God is and how God works with, in and through us.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home