Jen's Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cookie Monster

Back in college I used to give up cookies for Lent. It was my thing and it was always hard owing to my love of cookies--all kinds by the way. The cafeteria never made it easy because they were always well stocked with a wide variety.

Growing up in the church, people are always happy to provide food. Someone dies and there's oodles of food at the reception afterwards. Confirmation or some Sunday School event and there's snacks all over the place. Church fellowship and the potluck appears like it was magic. Now that I'm on internship I'm seeing even more of this. Exhibit A would be the empty tin of cookies I got from Eileen because she got them in her mailbox and is on a diet. Exhibit B would be the plate of cookies from a recent memorial service.

Today I came to the conclusion that if I could be healthy and survive on cookies alone, I would. I crave cookies. They are my favorite go to dessert. Imagine with me all the combinations of cookies: with or without nuts, chocolate, fruit, oats. And then there are coatings: frosting, sprinkles, cinnamon/sugar, plain--and yet I hate cooking them. They take too much patience. Who needs a round cookie when you could just dump the dough into a pan and turn it into a convenient bar?

I love cookies.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home