Jen's Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

Tour de Mountlake Terrace

Tonight I surveyed the Mountlake Terrace parade. I found myself remembering parades I'd gone to as a kid--how my grandma taught us flag etiquette (stand and honor/salute only the very first flag of the parade), the motorcycle corps that do driving drills, the classic cars, the local representatives and those running for offices in the fall election, the Shriners in all their various forms and regalia, the cannon blasts, the clowns and of course, the candy. The real reason anyone actually goes to a parade in the first place.

I raked in a fair amount of candy (i.e. a large handful) compared to the Edmonds parade (which, barring the children's parade, was a complete bust). My inviter, Sue, meandered with me through the classic fair rides, the "for sale" and "come join us" booths, and the food/music area. All in all, it was a lovely evening for walking to the parade, around the fair area grounds and then back to the house/car. The prize of the night was the jump rope procured by Sue. She was beaming with excitement at her rare find.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home