Jen's Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

VBS: Power Lab!

All last week I was Hydro-Jen and did the openings and closings for VBS with the theme Power Lab. Jesus gives us the power to be thankful, to help others, to be brave, to live forever and to tell others about God. Today, in VBS mode, I coined the phrase "Jesus gives us the power to be who we are!" The day before it was "Jesus gives us the power to be joyful!" See how catchy it is once you've been repeating it for a week straight??

My wonderful lab assistant Professor Peabody (aka Kristian) was a great partner all week in the skits and experiments. We had a blast meandering around and playing with the kids inbetween openings/closings. Kristian was really good with the kids, especially the boys (Krisitan is about 6ft. tall and built like a football player and he's only in 11th grade) b/c he could pick up two at a time--one in each arm. Have to say that Wednesday's squirt bottle game was the best. I was soaked and got squirted in the eye multiple times! The kids loved that day.

I got into my part and did quite a bit of work on my hairstyle each day to be as creative as possible. Here are some shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home