Jen's Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Unpacking the Wedding Service

Friday was spent unpacking the loads of stuff that came with Karen and I as well as checking in with some old and new friends. It was helpful to make some connections with people again as it felt like I had just landed on some other planet in another universe--a place where I didn't know the customs, inhabitants, or local area. Was it even safe to breathe the air??

Saturday Karen and I went to Matt and Becca Poock's wedding. It was fun but strange that there were so few young adults and almost no seminary people. Instead of spending the night we opted to leave right after dinner and head back toward the Twin Cities. Karen met her parents at the I-90 and I-35 interchange and I passed her off to spend 2 months at camp doing environmental ed. amongst a thousand other job requirements that do not belong to her. We had great driving weather and I was fully reminded of how flat the midwest is.

Sunday I opted to go to Redeemer up in Fridley since I had the time. Wonderful that I did. I got to hear their intern Pete preach and reconnect with their lead pastor Dave. The great highlight was that Scott Nocton was there! He's been battling leukemia for the last 1.5 years and is doing well. He is in remission and has a clean bill of health. Now it's just checkups to make sure he stays that way and building up his health and strength. He's antsy to get ordained on Sept. 21 and to do some work instead of just sitting around getting poked at. Can't blame him.

Late Sunday afternoon I plopped down at my new favorite cafe (Caribou) and wrote out the rest of my approval essay. Great to get that all out of my head and into the computer. I'm going to let it simmer a bit in case I want to make changes before submitting it.

Classes start Sept. 1....tomorrow. Yikes I'm so not ready for that. Still got so much paperwork to turn in with the approval essay and final intern evaluation stuff that it's extra stress added to moving, classes, leaving and life in general.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home