Jen's Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flying By

Did you ever get the feeling that life is just slipping through your fingers like water?? That's been my week so far and it's only Wednesday. Sure I'm still adapting to a new schedule and a new semester of classes, but can I hit the pause button for just a few hours or half a day? When do I get the chance to not feel like I NEED to be doing something so that I can just rest?

Today was supposed to be that for me. I did get to sleep in, but then almost missed getting to chapel in time to help with communion like I'd volunteered. This involved running up the hill to the chapel and feeling all gross and sweaty. Then I ran off to discipleship to do the opening ritual for the session because I felt compelled/called to do so last week. It went really well. I co-opted Paul's idea about the anyway stone as a reminder of baptism and God's promises combined with some scripture and an awesome baptismal/flood prayer I used for a double baptism in the Puget Sound last year.

Then I ended up not meeting with my professor (who incidentally disappeared into thin air--I think it was a faculty meeting, but I like the first version better), read a chapter of history, did a bunch of e-mail/online things, learned about my ED II class and how I can't supply preach that Sunday because I MUST be at all parts for full credit, and tried to read for my Christ in Asia class, but someone had already checked out the book. I know, it sounds like I didn't actually plan on this being a "me" day. That's my whole point. Life is just coming too fast lately to take a breath.

Now as I head home I need to hit the bookstore to check on prices for my ED II class, still have 2 chapters more of history to read (this starts a new book now) and maybe then I might get to rest.

One thing is for sure. No matter how much reading I need to do I am going to do some exercise when I get home with my beloved balance ball. The stress in my shoulders must go somewhere outside of me.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home