Jen's Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bitter Joy

Today started out great. I even made it to history class early--unheard of!--and had a lovely chat with Ingrid on the way there. Made it through the turmoil of insurance waivers, had lunch with friends and went to dinner to celebrate Kelly's birthday. Congrats girl!

When I arrived home I read about 2/3 of the chapter for history class tomorrow and during one of my breaks I read some blogs. Ben isn't doing well and has taken a turn for the worse. He's having seizures, inflammation from the chemo/radiation and now a cyst as a result of the tumor starting to die. Currently he's stabilized in a coma in ICU. What started out as a mostly joyfilled day has taken on a very bitter taste.

There are lots of theological things I could tell myself, but none of them really matter in a situation that seems so unfair. The future of their family is being ripped apart. I know that none of us are guaranteed life--it's all gift. Maybe that's just it. My soul aches that Ben's is potentially being cut so short. Raider might never know who his Dad is. Kirstin might become a single Mom to a 1 year old.

God.....do you have anything to say about all of this?

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=microsoft windows black xp 8.0 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you functioning the black methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home