Jen's Blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

One Night

Tonight I discovered the buzz about the ONE campaign and the Millennium Development Goals. An emergent group in the Lynnwood area is preparing a worship service to be held here at Trinity in mid November. Paul invited me to check out the meeting (which he didn't give me any background on--hence he's not a detail person) which he then left half way through to go lead another group. As I started to get a feel for what this meeting was really about, I became quite engaged. Finally something I could "do" and in which I could take part. Not that I haven't been doing things, but this was somehow different and loads more exciting. I guess I've been looking for a project. It was strange feeling a bit important as I had the key to the building and could kind of direct the group to what they wanted to survey in the facility. I know so little about the building and don't really know anything helpful about the people here since it's only week 3.

I've never been overly tugged at or called to what I assume most would call social justice issues. I kinda get it but I don't. I know it's important, but in my head it all seems rather fuzzy. Now that I'm involved with this service, I get to work my way through discovering how I can attend to and take interest in these justice issues even though they are not my passion. Here's to learning along the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home