Jen's Blog

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Formal Lament

God, what are you doing? What is your Word up to? I know and trust you must be doing something, but what? Creation groans and its cries pierce my soul. But what can I say that will matter? What can I do that will help? Do I not just become another sacrificial lamb bled to your glory? I thought you sought broken hearts and not burnt offerings? And what of me? What about those who are seriously in pain and far more deeply troubled than I? How long oh Lord, how long? When will we see you do glory and justice? When will your fire rain down and consume the chaff? I know, it requires my old life. But what kind of life is this that allows families to be divided and people to beat senselessly on each other and your Word to go unheard? You promised your Word would not return to you empty, so what are you doing God?

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Megan's Blog said...

Hey what's going on? Is everything ok? Call me anytime if you need to talk!!! Much Love. -megs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home