Jen's Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Travelling Mercies

I write from ND at the hotel. It's been a whirlwind tour from MN to here: packing up at record speed, cramming as much into the cars as we could, checking out and hitting the road. It feels so weird to not be in MN. It's my home now. I know I'm not on vacation. And I won't be going back any time in the next year most likely. I miss it already. But now that we're through the flat, empty, boring, soul and life taking/sucking out part of ND, it should be getting better. (Don't get me wrong. ND is great for some, but I'm a mountain girl.) We have only the mountains to look forward to now!! The best part of ND was when the wind finally stopped because the hills started. The landscape had life!

My good friend Libby spent our entire drive through ND reading to me from the book Yup, Nope, Maybe. It's written by two guys in an attempt to help women understand how men think and process. (btw, libby is blogging at the same time--ha!) It was a good read. Fairly insightful too. She has been such a gift on this trip. The time leading up to now has been so stress filled with trying to pack, leaving people, places, things (in storage)--so much going on and coming at me that I can't even process it all. It's just waves of....life I guess. It's been so wonderful catching up with her and creating new memories as we travel. As usual, once again, God has been excessively generous, gracious beyond measure and given me everything I needed.

As usual, Libby provided exquisite music to broaden my horizons and help me learn more about the awesome music out there. We had a good time in the car. Made the flat fields of grass and bales of hay speed by with ease. On to conquer MT tomorrow. I think I'm ready. What I'm really ready for is some of Libby's lectures that she has to listen to for class. And what you may ask is the topic??? Systematics. Aaaww yeah. Bring it on baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home