Jen's Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Don't Say Anything At All

Some days I think I'm all that. Today was not one of them. I opted for silence. "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." My mouth stayed closed. After racking my brain for 2 hours to produce a small paragraph of nonsense to adorn the front cover of the What's Happening weekly newsletter, I gathered my things and threw in the towel. Just because I was rampant with grief didn't mean I had to share it with everyone else. Maybe it was the endorphins from my run this afternoon. Maybe it was because I let go of the crap that's been piling up. Maybe it was just God loving me in spite of how I treat and talk to myself. Like any good chemist, I know it was a combination of all these things and many more silent partners of which I am unaware. Once again grace prevailed in the darkest of corners despite the thick layers of dirt I built up and the dark curtains I had hung over the windows. Not even I can stop nor stand in the way of God's blinding love for creation. A brief word of caution: do not speak so warmly of faith and grace as if they were grandiose, romantic commodities. Flowers only grow once the seeds have given up their present life and shape and have been fertilized with manure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home