Jen's Blog

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Savor the Flavor

New Year's resolutions are bunk. Most people never accomplish them and they are often forgotten as soon as January ends. This is precisely why I don't make them. New Year's has never been a big holiday for me. Usually I watch the ball drop with family, wind down by watching part of a movie and then crash in bed. This year involved a change of plans. Tradition was cast aside--or perhaps just recast--and I rode the bus to downtown Seattle to enjoy the fireworks at the Space Needle. Turned out to be an excellent evening and a great way to start the new year; like trying a new cuisine or cooking style and letting the new flavors meld in your mouth and tantalize your taste buds.

What has surprised me the most this year is the new edge that is emerging--taking risks. As I'm not fond of resolutions, I didn't plan this. Then again, surprise gifts are generally experienced as unplanned and unexpected by the receiver. Such is the case. Better still is that taking these risks is empowering me. The flavor is complex yet intriguing and makes me desirous to taste more. As a New Year's toast, here's to new adventures, unexpected flavors and delightfully surprising events. Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. hope you have a great week...when is the last time we talked? We need to do that again this week. Miss you!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home