Jen's Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Risky Business

Yesterday I got to do something I have wanted to do for a number of years now. With the help of Kirsti's sister's snow gear I got to go snowboarding for the first time!! Quite possibly one of the best inventions in the entire world. Getting there was a real trip. Snoqualmie Pass has been getting lots of snow for the last couple weeks which means lots of inexperienced snow drivers. The road up to the summit wasn't that bad at all, but most people were going all the way through the pass and were in need of tire chains for the other side. Essentially that meant a 2.5 hour wait to travel 4 miles to the tire chain checkpoint. There was no one there actually checking, but that didn't stop people from driving at stop and go rates for 4 miles where there was then suddenly wide open road. Yea traffic.

Snowboarding was brutal. I probably spent 50% of my time sitting on the hill catching my breath, 40% getting up and falling and 10% actually flying down the hill at speeds that people should be wearing helmets. I wasn't trying to get hurt, but since I had no control to turn, it was pretty hard to not get going at ridiculous speeds. I didn't realize you could be this sore. But oh was it fun. I can't wait to go again.

I did take quite a spill on my second time down the hill. I must have flipped forward somehow and spun around because I smacked my head/neck on the hill and then flipped over onto my face. Ouch. Had a headache the rest of the time. Sadly I didn't replenish the ibuprofen in my purse so I had to wait until I got back home to relieve the pain.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger yup said...

hurray! :) that's um, crazy... and so are you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home