Jen's Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Evening Musings

One of my last shifts of Thankathon. Sad in a way. It's actually a job I like. Supervising is fun--at least for Thankathon. I am missing a presentation tonight that promised to be good: Grace Over Karma--Theology of the Cross & U2, Ministry and Culture. Sounds like a great title right? I'm sending my roommate instead. Don't think I coerced her. She wanted to go anyway. Despite what she may say :)

I wish I had a direction for my thesis. Well I do, just no argument. I keep conveniently putting it off too because it takes so much brain power to come up with an argument. I wish I had an advisor who would give insight. Or a mentor who would shed light on my dark little life.

I'm in a comfortable chair though. It has a squishy seat and a high back. Makes me feel like I'm in a big castle and the people come into the room, do their job and leave. Like quiet servants. The more untraceable they are, the more they are appreciated. Not vocally or outwardly, but secretly in the back of the master's mind she is grateful for people who do not bother her. Okay, so I lack the old, crochety attitude, bitter misdemeanor, frilly collared clothes that fit uncomfortably and tiny rimmed glasses. And I'm in a cubicle under bright fluorescent lights with high, tan fabric walls. Not exactly a castle. More like a prison.

Libby would be proud of me right now for writing so randomly. Props sista!

Oh how I've missed my blog! It delights me to barf words upon this digital screen (check out that post--blog barfing--if you haven't read that one). Enough.

2 Comments:

At 3:07 AM, Blogger yup said...

haha i love it jen! :)

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

Question: What is the most common laundry detergent in Uzbakistan called: Spew, Barf, or Puke?

Answer: Barf!

AHAH. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. Cannot stop laughing, need air.

Good times with Trivia Pursuit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home