Jen's Blog

Friday, June 02, 2006

Working for the (Wo)Man

Another long day at work. Long only in the sense that I worked until 1:30pm, but it was taxing nonetheless. I had been preparing all week for a day when we'd be overworked and forced to finish things quickly. Today was the day.

The morning was quiet. The first phone call was from my co-worker Theresa. She graciously offered to come in a bit earlier than scheduled to get things done. The second phone call was not so encouraging. Apparently our work had flaws. Was this unexpected to my supervisor? I suppose it's possible, but should it really have been probable? Fortunately two brains, 4 eyes and 4 hands did the trick. If only I made commission on what I processed today!

Here's hoping for a better job. Soon. One with more hours, one that pays more and one that requires me to do things for which I have been educated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home