Jen's Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Making connections

Yesterday I went to the Como Park Conservatory, Zoo and Park. It was very hot and sunny out, so I thought I should slather on some sunblock. I never have it on hand, but when I went to Guatemala in January I got a tube. I pulled it out and stood at the bathroom sink. Immediately the smell, action and placement transported me to doing the same daily task in Guatemala. Fond memories returned.

This afternoon at work today Kelly and I talked with a woman named Carmen. Well I mostly listened since I haven't spoken much Spanish since January and back then, not since high school. She was lively and entertaining. She complemented us on speaking Spanish so well. Funny since I only spoke about 50 words or less. Suddenly I'm motivated to brush up my verbs and start speaking it again. I keep traversing over the Univision station on tv. I find I must concentrate hard to make out what they are saying. This will at least present me with something to occupy my time.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger A Page From My Notebook said...

You rock at Spanish my friend! Pero tengo verguenza cuando personas como ella dice que estoy(estamos) muy inteligente y podemos aprender rapido. Estudio Espanol por nueve anos y en realidad no puedo hablar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home