Jen's Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Could you post more in one day please?

I have nothing better to do, so let's write more!!

Karen left last Saturday. It was fun to move stuff around and pack it up. I tried not to think about how depressing it would be once she left. I'm hoping she'll come back for graduation this weekend. (had to pause to look up directions for that)

I had to buy a bed because I was borrowing one from Karen's family. It's nice. The mattress is a little stiff, but over time it will wear nicely and be really comfy. I just need hundreds of people to sit on it and break it in for me. Bouncing on it gets old after a while. Hopefully I'll be able to get a dresser at some point. For now my clothes reside on the floor. Went to Kris's graduation party--fun times! Fresh maragritas and a delicious taco bar--gormet!--and, my favorite, dessert bar with all kinds of goodies on it. Wrote down some quality memories for Kris to enjoy later on.

I got pots and pans on Sunday.

Last night...oh....I made the largest, thickest, most full pot of soup/stew I have ever made. I'm going to call it" 2 stew with veggies"--you'll see why. It had 2 cans of tomates with herbs, 2 cans of chicken broth, 2 pieces of chicken breast, 2 green peppers, 2 potatoes, half a bag of little baby carrots, a chunck of onion--generous handful, 4-5 stalks of celery, and 1 cup of rice--which cooks to 2 cups right? Oh it was delicious!! And I filled 3 square Glad ware containers and one large, round Ikea bowl which is roughly 6" high and 8" across (?). Anyway, I have a butt load of soup.

Today I applied for housing in a seminary apartment. Here's hoping I get some cheap housing. It would be really nice. The benefit would be that I could possibly keep it through the year. Perhaps even move into a 2 bedroom one if I find a roommate at some point.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

ha! you make me laugh. Miss you too! Life in SD is decidedly less fun without you. But, we'll always have Pride and Prejudice, right? Here's to this fall at Luther.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger yup said...

some day, i really do hope you create a recipe book - - oh the amalgams that would be displayed...

Jen, you know how I say that sometimes life is insane... you're reminding me of that in all these posts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home