Jen's Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Running High

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to run a 5K with a group of people. My competitiveness led me to be with 3 of the guys on the team of 8 as they headed out to the front. Evidently I didn't run as much as I needed to in preparation and I didn't run as far as I thought. The standing around for an hour at the beginning of the day didn't help either. After the large, long hill near the beginning of the race, I lost most of my energy. I ended up walking maybe a 1/2 mile at most.

The obstacles were loads of fun though: crawling through large tubes, portion of a climbing wall, crawling under a cargo net, clanging a cow bell on the edge of the lake and so many more! It was an excellent course and the park we were at was enormous. It'd be neat to go back and run around there again to get a better feel for the lay of the land.

Still feeling pretty good from the run too. I am looking forward to sleeping though. I get the full circuit tomorrow of preaching at all 5 services: 3 on site and 2 off site at nursing homes. Here's hoping the sermon is worth repeating that many times.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger yup said...

when you said 5 times on the phone, I thought I was just hearing things...

alas, i was not... OMG, that's ridiculous.

why am i in seminary again?

let's hope i get a break this week and can make a phone call... i really am looking forward to this qtr being over and being able to breathe. miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home