Jen's Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Peace At the Last

Today I watched a woman die in a hospital. Normally the response would be "That's kind of weird. Why'd you do that?" It really wasn't that alarming to me because I went into my CPE mode. I didn't have to do anything, I just watched. I was just glad that I didn't have to do a hand print in clay of the deceased or cut off a lock of hair for the family. I had to do that as a chaplain in CPE. That was kind of strange. I understand that it brings comfort and helps people grieve, but it was odd touching dead people. You'd swear they're still breathing when you look at them. Amazing how your mind can deceive you with things like that.

In keeping with the death theme, tonight I get to hear Jurgen Moltmann speak on the Crucified God. I was planning on attending the budget meeting at church tonight, but I figured this is a once in a lifetime experience. The guy's pretty old and probably won't be around much longer.

Also with the death theme, I am going to check out a local Halloween party hosted by a friend of a young adult in the congregation. Should be an interesting time. Just have to work out the costume. I'm leaning toward pirate because I think I have the stuff for it, but I might have put the goofy pants in storage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home