Jen's Blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Next Step into Oblivion

I've been wondering recently what life is really all about. It just doesn't make sense ya know?? I mean, what are we really doing here? What's the point? I will have finished all my classes at Luther in May--for my degree anyway. And right now it's hard to justify taking any more classes with out a few dollars saved in the bank. School is always my safety net. Eventually I have to get out there and DO something with my life. I mean school is great and all. I love to learn, but....well...when you learn stuff you're supposed to use it right? It's just that I hate the beginning. Once I get going, I'm great. Here's hoping I have enough faith to get myself out there and get a job and somehow be okay. It's inevitable. I have to do this at some point. I guess now's as good a time as any. So in the end, I think about what life will be like when I'm not at school. Who will be my friends? Who will support me? Who will even care that I'm there? What if my job sucks? What will I do at night when I don't have homework to do? Will I have friends to go out with and have fun with? Or will I just end up alone and unloved? What should I be doing with my time? I gotta tell ya, the bible's not all that helpful on this one. I mean could we be any more amorphous than "fill up your day by doing the ten commandments"? How does my life take on meaning and purpose (if it does...) once I leave school??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home