Jen's Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Floating in Snow

Today I got up early to work on my precept papers due today. I was productive and the Spirit graced me with insightful thoughts. I got ready on time, had my lunch packed and was ready to face the day with a bang. Last night it started snowing around 8 or 8:30pm and didn't stop until noon today. So on my car was another 5" of snow. I went out early and brushed it off. Made sure my roommate got out okay and backed out into the parking lot. Somehow, in a weird twist of something, I ended up with my back left tire fully up on a curb (where the little grassy spot is with the lone tree at the entrance to our lot) and the rest of the car drifting amidst the snowy slush of the parking lot. See they NEVER plow our street and only our parking lot when there is apparently no further threat of snow. So you're on your own until then. Because of all the snow I hadn't even noticed I'd gone up on a curb. So I hop out to assess the situation. Not good. I tried floormats, pushing, 4x4 drive, turning the wheels; everything I could possibly think of to do. I called my mom for some advice. She suggested that I try a few different combinations again (there wasn't much she could do from PA and my dad was in Canada on business for the day). So, with her encouragement, I hopped in and put it in low 4x4 and gunned the engine. Nothing. I tried backing up a bit more. Advanced a bit, but not enough to get off the curb. Backed up again, gunned it and finally slid off the curb and back into my parking spot. Apparently I had put the other tire partially onto the curb and it had given me enough leverage and momentum to push ahead. Praise the Lord! I gathered my floormats and tried to calm down a bit. Just another stressor added to an already packed full week. Class was half over by the time I got to campus. But I got to e-mail a friend who I don't normally see often and make sure I was well prepared for my next class. Another adventure in Snowland--props to Elle for working hard this morning.

On a side note I must add that a guy out for his morning smoke was there the whole time watching me trying to get Elle free. He offered his advice occasionally and did help me push at one point. At least I wasn't out there all by myself.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger yup said...

i'm just laughing in hysterics right now...love you SO much... miss you more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home