Jen's Blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

FMSC

Thanks to my friend Kari, I have been introduced to a great new service project: Feed My Starving Children. A group of us went this last Monday for a couple hours. It was a really good way to spend Reading Days after coming off of the un-retreat retreat. I have known for quite some time that I have been neglecting my service gene while I've been searching for a project I could do with not so much commitment and yet still benefit people. I hope to go back soon. We packaged enough bags of food (which feed 6 people at a time) to feed 7128 people two meals for a day. I also met a group of home schooled kids--K-~6th grade--and an 8th grader who was volunteering over her spring break. The community of saints is large and looking for ways to be effective for Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home