Jen's Blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Frozen Tundra

It's freezing here. Literally. For the last 5 days we have not awoken to a temperature above 0F. Today was the shocker at -15F. Elle groaned and whined when I turned on the ignition. I kindly let her warm up for 2 minutes before pushing her to speedily take me to church. Meanwhile, I shivered in my thin, black dress pants. Perhaps black spandex was invented for just such occasions. Yesterday it was -8F and the day before that -5F. The entire state is under a -30F to -25F wind chill advisory.

Despite all this frigidness, I have ventured out more than expected. I planned to stay in most of the weekend and I ended up going out each day for something. Friday night it was to acquire a black dress for Karen. Saturday to get binders and pens for class (which starts on Tuesday--Yikes!! How'd that get here so fast??) and pillows for my futon which were on sale. Oh, and I played personal assistant to my dear friend Karen. A black dress requires hot, black shoes to match. Which, incidentally, is hard to do when you are tethered to a desk at work pointing out the restroom sign. Later that night I saw the movie Babel. Review to follow. Sunday I went to church and gathered groceries for the week. All in all, an eventful weekend for the bitter coldness.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

Yes, hot black shoes are hard to come by in the campus center.
I wanted to see Babel. Well, it's better that you've seen it first, because now you can tell me all about it and I can watch it in peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home