Jen's Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Breathe....

I think that was the name of a movie once. Apparently one I didn't see. Also the name of a song by Faith Hill--which has only a small connection to this post. Obviously it's what all aerobic organisms do when exchanging carbon dioxide for oxygen. Not what I tried to do the last time I thought about internship. Also a helpful event in staving off what might become a panic or anxiety attack.

The world is closing in fast. Talk about being crowded out of the world by JC. Let's aim for something more like crushed, squished, squeezed, perhaps even on some occasions (like this one) systematically eliminated. I love the double entendre in that phrase. Can't someone create some space for me so I can accomplish the tasks at hand? It's all going so fast. Too fast. As in Scrubs when JD finally takes Elliot's advice, he discovers that when the world is pushing and pressing in all you need to do is take a breath. In that breath the world slows down and the tide subsides briefly. You gain a moment to think clearly and to lay out the plan. Then you proceed. So I'm breathing. Breathing space for reviewing site profiles, setting up interviews for this next week, making decisions about more dog sitting, writing an essay from the world's most vague prompts, reading articles and books in short sittings, laundry, food, sleeping, but most importantly for listening and hearing the voice of my shepherd as the sheep run astray in circles. I'm breathing the Spirit as a beggar, for I have no other source.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger A Page From My Notebook said...

I'm glad to see you keeping up with your blog compared to before. I could catch up on your thoughts while I was gone :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home